La Sofía Polo Day
A day in the countryside with polo clinics for beginners:
At La Sofía Polo Club we want to make sure that our guests enjoy an unparalleled, passionate, customized and friendly polo experience guided by Marcos Antin Güiraldes, an experienced professional polo player who has dedicated all his life to playing and teaching polo as well as to breeding polo ponies.
The polo clinic day focuses on polo practice. Anybody who is interested in a first experience of this fascinating sport can sign up, even if you do not know how to ride a horse. It is well suited for individual lessons, families, a group of friends and even business groups.
A polo day at La Sofía, a unique experience: Silke and Marcos give a warm welcome to their guests at the beginning of the polo day, an unforgettable experience. Marcos starts out with an introduction to the sport, followed by a polo driving range on the wooden horse to practice the basic strokes and positions.
A typical Argentine barbecue will be prepared for lunch, so the guests can savor our food and taste the wines of our private cellar. After lunch and some relaxing at the pool or at some shady corner on the estatancia, the participants take a lesson of stick and ball (on horseback). Depending on the skills and abilities of the participants we can also organize a practice chukker.
At the end of the day, tea and house specialties will be served on the terrace with views of the polo field.
- Days: Every day of the year
- Duration: All day
- Riding experience: Not required
- Horse & equipment: The program includes the horse and equipment (helmet, mallet (polo stick), and gaiters for guests who do not bring riding boots). The participants should bring jeans, comfortable sneakers or flat-soled shoes.
- Language: Lessons can be held in Spanish or English.
- Food and drinks: Includes barbecue lunch: homemade empanadas, Chorizo (Argentine sausage), morcilla (blood sausage), various meat cuts, and salads usually from our organic garden and tea with specialties of the house in the afternoon. Should you have any special dietary requirements requests, please let us know, when making your reservation.
- Reservations: Please call or use the reservation sheet on our web page. Payment can be made in cash at your arrival (US Dollars, Euros, Argentine Pesos).
- Transport: Transport is not included. La Sofía can arrange transport to and from Buenos Aires if requested. Transport services are provided by third parties. La Sofía cannot be held responsible for these services and merely acts as intermediary. Payments are directly to the drivers.
Reservation sheet »